New year - new you, right?! In my opinion, there's NO better way to start out your 2017 resolutions than with a closet clean out! Pretty much every morning begins in the closet; so it's important that your space makes you feel organized & ready to tackle the day. I was on Fox35 Good Day this morning talking all about my tips & tricks for getting your closet organization in check - in case you missed it, check out the recap below ;)
SHOP MY ON AIR LOOK
CLOSET ORGANIZATION 101:
- FLIP YOUR CLOSET: Everything that's winter wear [heavy jackets, sweaters, etc] from the previous season, move it to the back! Bring all of your springtime items to the front.
- GET A ROLLING RACK & MATCHING HANGERS THAT SPACE SAVE!
- DECLUTTER: Take some time to evaluate what you want to keep & what you want to sell/donate. If you haven't worn something in YEARS, or it's starting to look worn - get rid of it! Now you'll have an excuse to buy new things ;)
- MAKE IT FUN: Turn it into a party with your girlfriends, daughter, etc [a la Sex & The City] so it doesn't seem like such a grueling task.
- ORGANIZE: By color, style, occasion. Keep your go-to's in the front so you're not searching for them in the morning.